Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mashups

Interesting concept and I can see how it could be very useful. I've seen a commercial version in Mapping Country - where they use information from Council on a BM map to show Aboriginal sites etc. It would be interesting to get the postcodes and country locations of the many tourists we have coming in asking to use the Internet. Putting them on a map may be an easy technique for showing counsellors why we need the latest in IT to keep our customers happy!
I read the comments on mashups and was interested in PamL's where she says that apparently most mashups breach copyright. Something to think about before we dive in!
I tried creating a mosaic of my travel photos but could get it to work. I checked the Flickr address and it seemed ok. I'm hoping someone in blogsworld can help!!!
In the end I went for the easy mashup and did the map. It includes my last holiday and planned destinations for my holiday in '09. I'd love to end up with all Europe in the 'red'.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Keep trying with the mashup - please ring for some help.

Ellen (PLS)