Thursday, October 16, 2008

Google Docs etc

I can see that these online applications can be very useful if I am working with people outside Council - in Council we have the T drive! I'm working with different community groups on an early literacy program, including grant applications, and it would be handy to have the document stored on Google Docs or Zoho for us all to work on.
Knowing about the availability of online word processing, spreadsheets, powerpoint etc will help provide a better service to our customers. So many of them come in wanting to use Word, save their docs to the hard drive and then get angry when they lose it all at the end of their session and the computer reboots. This way I can advise them to save them online and it doesn't matter which computer they are at they can access it. I know they could also save it to a disk, CD or memory stick, but this is a good alternative.
Google Docs is very easy to use.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

This is a good skill to have - knowing about googledocs!! I think we will use it with the public more than we anticipate.