Monday, September 1, 2008

Library Thing

I love it!!!! I've started my own account and have added a few books, and had great fun doing it - I suppose that's my cataloguing alterego coming out. I've got quite a few older books (early 1800 publications) that have been left to me by various relatives. Library Thing allows me to create a list of them all and look for similar records and holdings in a variety of places. I can see great value in this. These books are now in the public arena, in a way they never would have been if they'd just sat on my shelves. Also, if the worst happens and they get destroyed, at least I have a record of what they were. This also could help with insurance claims - but I'd have to investigate further along those lines. I'm telling all my book reading relatives and friends about this site - I think they'll love it.

1 comment:

Alba said...

Can you tell us how you added your Library thing thing to your blog?